2016 Film Released In Partnership With BMC TV
In partnership with BMC TV, we are delighted to announce the public release of the 2016 Cape Wrath Ultra™. The film, produced by Slackjaw, focuses on a handful of the inaugural event's participants as they head for Cape Wrath on a once in a lifetime, 8-day expedition race weaving 400km through the Highlands of Scotland.
The Cape Wrath Ultra™ is a biennial event that first took place in 2016; an ultra-running expedition through some of the world's most inspirational landscapes, including Morar, Knoydart, Kintail, Torridon, Assynt and Sutherland. It is Scotland's answer to the biennial Berghaus Dragon's Back Race™ which dovetails into odd-numbered years (2017, 2019..). The race has often been referred to as the UK's answer to the Marathon des Sables.
As heard on social...
- "This is fabulous for the scenery alone. An inspiring and strangely emotional film." - Trevor W.
- "Top class event full of inspirational people set in stunning scenery. Makes you want to just get out there..." - Stewart C.
- "Wow loved watching that, even felt the emotions at the end." - Richard H.
- "WOW!! Brilliant film. Looks even more stunning than I could have imagined." - Gav F
"This race is the hardest thing I’ve done, harder than the 10 day race in Australia or the Marathon Des Sables.” - Italy's Ita Emanuela Marzotto, 2016 ladies’ winner.
Are you up for the challenge? Entries for the next edition (May 20-27th 2018) of this extraordinary adventure open May 8th 2017.
As featured in the following Film Festivals
- Buxton Adventure Festival (Premiere) - 11th January 2017
- Fort William Mountain Festival - 15-19th February 2017
- Gorniski Film Festival - 20-26th February 2017
- Llanberis Mountain Film Festival - 3rd-5th March 2017
- Sheffield Adventure Film Festival - 17-19th March 2017