Entries for the 2020 race opened in May 2019 and are now SOLD OUT
There is no official waiting list in operation
Will you make the finish line in 2020? ©Jimmy Hyland / JHPVisuals
Participants must complete an online entry form - first-come, first-served
The entry list for 2020 is now full, and there is no official waiting list in operation
What's included in an entry?
- Participation in one of the longest, toughest and most iconic footraces on Earth
- Satellite tracking of participants (friends and family will be able to follow you in real time!)
- Transportation of participants’ overnight bags to each overnight campsite
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- Tented accommodation throughout the race
- Copious quantities of breakfast, finishing snacks and dinner each day
- Unlimited tea, coffee and hot and cold water for drinking
- A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
- Team of motivated volunteer marshals and professional Ourea Events staff
- Cape Wrath Ultra® participant T-Shirt (presented at the event registration)
- Finisher's medal for all completers
- Digital race timing
- Bespoke, accurate, waterproof, pre-marked and annotated Harvey map of the race route
- A GPX file of the route and checkpoint locations (available in advance)
- Transport from Cape Wrath (finish) to Durness on Day 8
- Buffet meal for competitors and event team on Saturday 23rd (immediately after the race briefing)
- Celebratory meal on the last night of the race and breakfast the following morning
- Return transport from Durness to Fort William on Monday 1st June 2020
Sandwood Bay in all its splendour makes for a breathtaking end to the 8-day journey ©Steve Ashworth
Securing an entry for the 2020 Cape Wrath Ultra® will be possible by an initial non-refundable deposit of £199 followed by 4 balance payments of £400 (due respectively by the 1st September & November 2019, and 1st of January & March 2020 - see terms and conditions for full details).
For the last edition of the Cape Wrath Ultra®, entries sold out in a matter of weeks.
Pre-Requisite Experience / Vetting
The Cape Wrath Ultra® is not a vetted event and we are happy to offer entries to anyone who agrees to our Participant Declaration.
Each participant must agree to the following Participant Declaration when completing an application form:
I am an experienced off-road runner and believe that I have reasonable chance of completing the Cape Wrath Ultra® as it is described on this website, and declare that:
- I am capable of being self-sufficient and making safe decisions in the Scottish Highlands;
- I have sufficient off road running, mountain and ultra experience to understand the nature of the challenge;
- I will apply sound mountain judgement at all times even if it means compromising my overall race result;
- I accept full responsibility for my own safety and any injury sustained during the event. These are not the responsibility of the event organiser, their agents or the landowners;
- I know my limitations and I am experienced enough to make a reasoned decision whether or not to start the event and/or to retire from the event rather than jeopardise my own or other people’s safety;
Please read our detailed Terms and Conditions before entering.
The finest mountain vistas? Sure. ©Steve Ashworth