2016 Entry Information - for reference only
Entries will be limited to circa 150 participants and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Aspirant participants must complete an online application form. Entries will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
Pre-Requisite Experience / Vetting
The Cape Wrath Ultra is not a vetted event and we are happy to offer entries to anyone who agrees to our Participant Declaration.
Each aspirant participant must agree to the following Participant Declaration when completing an application form:
I am an experienced off-road runner and believe that I have reasonable chance of completing the Cape Wrath Ultra™ as it is described on this website, and declare that:
- I am capable of being self-sufficient and making safe decisions in the Scottish Highlands;
- I have sufficient off road running, mountain and ultra experience to understand the nature of the challenge;
- I will apply sound mountain judgement at all times even if it means compromising my overall race result;
- I accept full responsibility for my own safety and any injury sustained during the event. These are not the responsibility of the event organiser, their agents or the landowners;
- I know my limitations and I am experienced enough to make a reasoned decision whether or not to start the event and/or to retire from the event rather than jeopardise my own or other people’s safety;
The cost of entering the Cape Wrath Ultra™ is £1,250 per person. A non-refundable deposit of £250 will secure a place. Two balance payments of £500 are due by the 30th November 2015 and by the 29th February 2016. The entry includes:
- Participation in one of the toughest and most iconic footraces on Earth
- A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
- Team of motivated volunteer marshal supporting during the race and professional Ourea Event staff
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- Tented accommodation throughout the race
- Transportation of competitors’ overnight bags to each overnight campsite
- Unlimited breakfast, finishing snacks and dinner each day
- Unlimited tea, coffee and hot and cold water for drinking
- Exclusive Cape Wrath Ultra™ high-quality event t-shirt and car sticker
- Digital race timing
- Satellite tracking of competitors (friends and family will be able to follow you in real time!)
- Accurate, waterproof, pre-marked and annotated Harvey map of the race route
- A GPX file of the route and checkpoint locations (available in advance)
- Transport from Cape Wrath to Durness on Day 8
- Celebratory meal on the last night of the race and breakfast the following morning
- Return transport to Fort William on Monday 30th May
Rather than ask participants to pay the full entry fee up front, they are required to pay the entry fee in installments. Therefore, should the participant withdraw unexpectedly, they will have only paid a certain amount. This process is as opposed to paying the full entry fee up front and then receiving only a certain percentage refund if you later withdraw. It is possible for competitors to transfer or defer an entry. Please refer to the detailed Terms and Conditions for further information.