2018 PROVISIONAL Information
Entries will be limited to ~200 participants and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Participants must complete an online entry form.
Pre-Requisite Experience / Vetting
The Cape Wrath Ultra is not a vetted event and we are happy to offer entries to anyone who agrees to our Participant Declaration.
Each participant must agree to the following Participant Declaration when completing an application form:
I am an experienced off-road runner and believe that I have reasonable chance of completing the Cape Wrath Ultra™ as it is described on this website, and declare that:
- I am capable of being self-sufficient and making safe decisions in the Scottish Highlands;
- I have sufficient off road running, mountain and ultra experience to understand the nature of the challenge;
- I will apply sound mountain judgement at all times even if it means compromising my overall race result;
- I accept full responsibility for my own safety and any injury sustained during the event. These are not the responsibility of the event organiser, their agents or the landowners;
- I know my limitations and I am experienced enough to make a reasoned decision whether or not to start the event and/or to retire from the event rather than jeopardise my own or other people’s safety;
The cost of entering the 2018 Cape Wrath Ultra™ will be confirmed early April 2017. The entry will include:
- Participation in one of the toughest and most iconic footraces on Earth
- Satellite tracking of participants (friends and family will be able to follow you in real time!)
- Transportation of participants’ overnight bags to each overnight campsite
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- Tented accommodation throughout the race
- Unlimited breakfast, finishing snacks and dinner each day
- Unlimited tea, coffee and hot and cold water for drinking
- A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
- Team of motivated volunteer marshals and professional Ourea Events staff
- Exclusive Cape Wrath Ultra™ 2018 participant top
- Finisher's medal for all completers.
- Digital race timing
- Accurate, waterproof, pre-marked and annotated Harvey map of the race route
- A GPX file of the route and checkpoint locations (available in advance)
- Transport from Cape Wrath to Durness on Day 8
- Buffet meal for competitors and event team on Saturday 19th (immediately after the race briefing)
- Celebratory meal on the last night of the race and breakfast the following morning
- Return transport from Durness to Fort William on Monday 28th May 2018
Please read our detailed Terms and Conditions before entering.